I'm currently obsessed with lip products. Especially now that I can't experiment too much with face products because of a face regimen that I have to strictly follow. So as not to overspend, I try products one shade at a time. This time I finally got to try Happy Skin. This is my first product from the brand. A lot of beauty enthusiasts have been raving with their lipsticks. When I saw the Moisturizing Lip Lacquer in Royal Treatment, I thought the color is similar to my Mary Kay liquid lip color in Raspberry Ice . Since it's running out and discontinued, I have an excuse to try Happy Skin.
Product Rating: 4/5
Price: Php 699 through Zalora
- Beautiful color pay-off.
- It's opaque but does not feel heavy, just the right consistency.
- Glossy texture not too overwhelming. It's a hybrid of liquid lipstick and gloss.
- Doesn't settle on the lips.
- Easily transfers to anything that touches the lips. To retain color, multiple retouch must be done .
- Poor staying power.
- Not the best value for its price.
But, but I love the color! It's a beautiful mauvey plum. If not for that, I would have given it a 3 rating. That's what we call compromise. I would also blot the lips using tissue and apply another coat to make it last just a bit longer.
I would love to try other Happy Skin lippies though.
Until next time