Sunday, July 18, 2010

Keep the Oat Rolling


I've tried to hitch on the "no-rice-policy" wandwagon lately. Instead of cutting rice off instantly, I got some rolled oats as substitute. Australia Harvest Rolled Oats is found in major supermarkets, the only brand I found at the moment but I think good ol Quacker may have it as well.

It's basically different from regular oatmeal, rolled oats are bigger but flat, and needs longer cooking time.

 You may want some rolled oats porridge, add water twice as much as the oats.  As for me, since its a rice substitute, I let it simmer longer to let water evaporate but it does not overcook the oats at all. You still get the right consistency and flavor.
Having rolled oats is a great way of getting carbo with that much needed fiber in the diet, plus it has protein and iron. It can go well with fruits and milk for breakfast and even any vegetable or meat dish for lunch. Its definitely a healthier alternative to those who are on a diet or to those who just want to eat healthy.


It was a great weekend!

Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment