Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Kiwi the Fruit


It was just the shoe polish and the bird that I was familiar with kiwi way back the. Seen it couple of times in supermarkets but never really paid that much attention. Maybe it seemed so similar with the mabolo fruit and I don't think it is edible at all. But the preserved kiwifruit in Shanghai looks so delectable, I had to grab one just to try it out and it was so good.
I want some more of these!
I haven't seen the dried kiwifruit in Cebu Supermarkets but the fresh fruit has been bothering me lately. :D I couldn't resist but to give it a try. Don't let the hairy brown skin fool you, it's got a lot more to offer from the inside to delight our sense of taste and nourish the body.

It was good to know that the kiwifruit got its name from kiwi the flightless brown bird of New Zealand. The fruit that we devoured was imported from New Zealand too, one of its top producers. Kiwi is rich in Vitamin C, it also has potassium, Vitamin E, Vitamin A, flavonoid antioxidants and a high level of dietary fiber among others. Its just the right mild sourness, a little sweet, tangy, juicy and surprises with its crunchy seeds. Thats just me by the way. I grew up to appreciate and eat just about any fruit or vegetable knowing its better for the body than any other snack there is.

Try an interesting fruit or vegetable today!


dani

No comments:

Post a Comment