Saturday, August 28, 2010

Movie Rave: Dear John (2010)





*photos are snapshots from the movie

Main Characters: John Tyree  - Channing Tatum
                           Savannah Curtis - Amanda Seyfried

Director: Lasse Hallström

Genre: Drama, Romance, War / Nicholas Sparks novel


As for me?
A love story of boy meets girl, fell in love and had to be apart from each other just in a span of two weeks. I'm a little bias on this one as to how I can relate to most parts where they were writing letters. The emotional attachment was overwhelming but as for me, its generally heartbreaking. Having to endure patience to wait, the inspiration to hold on even they were worlds apart, even if their only connection is a letter or 2 a month. Then circumstances happen that made plans fade into uncertainty on what holds for them for another couple of years. It was mostly of dissappointments but I loved the movie. I definitely loved the acting of Channing Tatum and Amanda Seyfried. I loved the music Paperback and Little House. It tore my heart in a good way with the spark of hope that one day fate will still be fate.

♥♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment